To reach out to other people in the name of God, bringing God’s love to each other, to our community and to our world.
The First United Presbyterian Church of Canby is part of the Presbyterian Church (USA). Our congregation is one family united in the fellowship and service of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. We are also united in the effort of serving our fellow men and women in the name of our Lord.
Our Church belongs to every one of us, and we share its blessings. Our Church provides a place for worship, meditation, and programs for Christian growth, both spiritually and emotionally. We believe progress is God’s instrument of help and praise. We recognize Jesus Christ as the Lord of the Church and that we have personal responsibilities to use our time, talent and treasure to further Christ’s kingdom on earth.
Our congregation was founded in 1884 and was the first church to have English language services in Canby MN. The first church building was dedicated on January 3, 1886. The church had a major renovation making it an almost all new building which was dedicated on June 21, 1908.
In 1915 the Methodist church merged with the Presbyterian church to become First United Presbyterian Church.
On June 10, 1956 the current stone building was built. and on December 3, 2006 the new current entrance area and lift elevator were dedicated.